COVID - 19 Response and Procedures
We are extremely excited to get back to working with our amazing clients, but things will be a little different for now. Since health and safety have always been our number one concern for both employees and clients, we have spent a lot of time putting together a comprehensive plan for reopening after the closures.
Using the guidelines and requirements laid out by New York State, the CDC, the World Health Organization and the Association of Professional Piercers, we have amended our procedures to address the COVID-19 pandemic and implement new procedures to continue to provide the safest environment.
Our studio has seen some updates as well, including the installation of increased air filtration and the installation of a Reme Halo in-duct air purifier. This unit produces Hydo-Peroxide plasma to reduce air-borne and surface bacteria and viruses as well as other indoor air pollutants.
Our plan is to reopen slowly, and expand our services and accommodations as we are allowed to do so by the state. Please be patient with us as we reach out to everyone who has missed appointments to reschedule.
Temporary policies for studio visits
We will be asking our clients to help us during these difficult times by adhering to the following procedures.
- Clients who are experiencing signs of any sickness, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or another sickness, will not be allowed access to the studio.
- If while visiting the studio a client is exhibiting any signs of illness, even those that may be allergy related, they will be asked to leave or rebook their appointment.
- Appointments are required for all visits to the shop. No walk-ins will be allowed. Please call ahead to discuss with our staff an appropriate time to stop by. We expect an increase in phone calls due to this so please be patient and leave us a voicemail whenever possible.
- Only clients with appointments will be allowed in the studio. Please do not bring family or friends with you. Exemptions will be made for minors who require a parent/guardian present to receive a piercing. Only one parent or guardian will be allowed to be present.
- For clients who have not yet been vaccinated, a face mask which covers both the mouth and nose at all times is required while in the studio. FOR TATTOO AND PIERCING PROCEDURES - Non-vaccinated clients will be required to wear a surgical mask, N95 or KN95. No cloth masks will be allowed during a procedure. We require a surgical mask or better for procedures because of the length of time that our artists and clients will be together. If you do not have one of these then a surgical mask will be provided for your service and you will be able to take it with you when your are done.
- Our entire staff has been fully vaccinated - if you have any questions or concerns please let us know.
- At this time piercing services to minors under the age of 10 are temporarily on hold.
- We will be staggering appointments in the studio to allow for greater social distancing between clients. When we call to confirm appointments we may discuss moving your appointment earlier or later by 10-15 minutes.